What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga therapy is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and well-being through the application of the philosophy and practice of Yoga. The technique employs any combination of movement, breath, imagery, and relaxation, in a manner that is not generally addressed in a group Yoga class.
Is Yoga Therapy for me?
Whether you are an experienced Yogi or have never seen a yoga mat, Yoga Therapy can help you at any age:
- gently recover from injuries or surgeries, heal aches and pains.
- increase flexibility, strength and range of motion.
- identify and change life habits and pattern that contribute to discomfort.
- build your personal toolkit for managing and reducing stress and pain.
Among the conditions benefited by Yoga Therapy:
- Low back, upper back, neck, knee and ankle
- muscular and structural chronic pain; sports injuries
- Neurological disorders, e.g. Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke Rehabilitation (rebuild and improve neurological pathways)
- High blood pressure, diabetes, stress, anxiety and depression
Dr. Timothy McCall, author of Yoga as Medicine lists 75 conditions benefited by Yoga. Check them out here: Dr. McCall 75 Conditions